BRIDLINGTON SQUASH LEAGUE IS A FREE ASSOCIATION OFFERING THE CHANCE FOR SQUASH PLAYERS IN EAST YORKSHIRE TO MEET AND PLAY MEN AND WOMEN OF VARYING AGES AND STANDARDS.
Based at the ALL NEW East Riding Leisure Bridlington; Bridlington Squash League is a friendly and sociable way of enjoying the game we love.
Ran by Local People and sponsored by Local Businesses, we have Six Divisions with players of all abilities.
If you would like to join one of our squash leagues then please fill out the form at the bottom of the Comments page.
We are now able to offer the fantastic Forever Living range of products from here
Order directly via the website and you can select FREE local delivery. Please contact Ian with any questions or requests.
Official Bridlington Squash League Merchandise is now available and can be bought from here .
Prices start at £12 for T-Shirts, £17 for Polo's and £22 for hoodies.
All items come in various sizes. Please contact us if you have special requirements.
Items should be ordered via the webform and payment will be made upon pickup from our local supplier at Bessingby.
The Stringing Workshop
Gavin Anderson is now able to offer stringing services after becoming UKRSA qualified as a registered Racket Stringing Technician. Gavin stocks several strings by RAB in various colours but can also source other string types if you prefer.
The most popular and hardest wearing club string is priced at £20 per racket with League Members receiving 10% discount.
Gavin also has a very high quality Pro String at £23 per racket with 10% discount for League Members.
Ashaway and Technifibre strings are available at £25 per racket with 10% discount for league members.
Please contact Gavin directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Squash Courts now under threat at Scarborough
I have just signed the petition "Everyone 4 Squash" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.
This campaign means a lot to the squash players in Scarborough and the more support they can get behind it, the better chance they have of succeeding.
You can read more and sign the
Can you also take a moment to share the petition with others ?
By practising your shots it will not only develop consistency but also enable you to become more confident with all your strokes and will definitely enable you to reduce the amount of poor quality shots and errors your make.
Try the following practices once or twice a week for 30-40 minutes and you will soon notice a difference in your game
- Straight hitting (both sides) – Try to hit the ball after one bounce, just behind the service box or in the service box to get warmed up. Make sure that you are on your toes and move your feet to get into a good position – try hitting 50 or 100 consistent shots.
- Straight hitting (both sides) – More advanced – try hitting the ball so that it bounces just in front of the back wall and keep returning it each time to the same position – try to develop good rhythm and timing. Note: Don’t try to beat yourself with this shot, instead concentrate on consistency and rhythm – try hitting 50 or 100 consistent shots.
- Straight hitting (both sides) – More advanced – Once you have completed the above try knocking a few shots just behind the service box then step onto the ball and try to hit a winning length. This time you are trying to attack the ball with a view to beating yourself with your length – try hitting 20 or 30 shots.
- Volleys (both sides) – Stand in the service box and hit medium paced volleys back to yourself. Ensure that you move your feet into a good position and your racket is ready for the next shot – try hitting 20 or 30 shots.
- Volleys (both sides) – Once you have completed the above, you could also try to hit a few volleys then attempt a low hard volley kill or perhaps feed yourself to practise volley drops– try hitting 20 or 30 shots.
- Drop shots and short game – stand on or around the T and feed a number of shots to yourself around the front of the court (feed by boasting the ball, putting it short, create different angles) and ensure that you hit soft shots both straight and cross court into the front. This is a great exercise to practice your short game and your short sharp movement around the front of the court.
Finals Night was a success and well done to all the winners. All results can be seen here
Finals Night for The Brittons Open is being held at Sports Hall on Friday 6th May. The Presentation of Trophies for the Tournament and League will be held at The Windsor on Friday 27th May.
Steve and Pam Brown would like to invite everyone to their early summer barbecue on Saturday 25th June at their house. It will be a 4pm start with a pay bar with all proceeds going towards the charity which Steve and Pam are cycling to Paris for... Please get in touch with Steve to confirm attendance or ask any questions on 07896198111. This is a child free event...
falling at the last hurdle in last year’s final, World No.1 Laura Massaro, who
became just the third English player to top the World Rankings this January,
has been confirmed as the as favourite for the 2016 Allam British Open Squash
Championships which will be staged at the Airco
Arena in Hull from the 21st to 27th March.
Serme will begin her defence with a tricky encounter with tournament wildcard and local favourite Fiona Moverley.
First Round Draw - 2016 Women's Allam British Open:
 Laura Massaro (ENG) v [Qualifier]
Line Hansen (DEN) v  Delia Arnold (MAS)
 Joelle King (NZL) v Victoria Lust (ENG)
[WC] Fiona Moverley (ENG) v  Camille Serme (FRA)
 Nouran Gohar (EGY) v Heba El Torky (EGY)
[Qualifier] v  Annie Au (HKG)
 Sarah-Jane Perry (ENG) v [Qualifier]
[Qualifier] v  Raneem El Welily (EGY)
 Nour El Sherbini (EGY) v Nicolette Fernandes (GUY)
[Qualifier] v  Jenny Duncalf (ENG)
 Alison Waters (ENG) v Rachael Grinham (AUS)
[Qualifier] v  Amanda Sobhy (USA)
 Omneya Abdel Kawy (EGY) v [Qualifier]
Emily Whitlock (ENG) v  Low Wee Wern (MAS)
 Joshna Chinappa (IND) v Donna Urquhart (AUS)
[Qualifier] v  Nicol David (MAS)
Qualification rounds for the 2016 Allam British Open will be staged at the University of Hull on the 19th & 20th March with main draw action played at the Airco Arena from the 21st to 27th March.
Tickets for the 2016 Allam British Squash Championships can be booked online at www.isportstore.com, by telephone on (+44) 0 844 8797 949 or for more information email email@example.com
Please note that pre-sale SUPER SAVER TICKETS OFFERS are subject to availability.
- The draw for the Brittons Open has been made and all the details can be found here
- Official Bridlington Squash League Merchandise is now available and can be purchased here!
- The September/October Leagues are now on the Leagues page. Good luck everyone!
- A huge thank you from Steve Brown to everyone who attended the chariy BBQ. A total of £230 was raised for the London to Paris ride next year. Keep an eye out on here for more fundraising events.
- The SUPER 8's Competition is now underway, check here for updates.
- Steve Brown would like to invite everyone to a BBQ at his on Saturday 15th August. £12.50 per couple with free Pimms on arrival, covers food with a pay bar for drinks throughout the evening. This is to raise funds for a charity bike ride that Steve and Pam are doing for Children's liver disease next year, London to Paris.This charity is very close to Steve and Pam so please do what you can.
- The May/June leagues are now available on the Leagues page. The season starts 1st May and will end 30th June. Good look to everyone and a warm welcome to all new players.
- The Feb/Mar 2015 league season is now complete. Congratulations to everyone who took part in yet another great season.
- There will now be a months break before the next season which will run May/June followed by a knockout tournament in July.
- The New League season starts today, the confirmed leagues can be found on the Leagues page. Good luck everyone!
- Congratulations to the winners of the Grans Slam Cup.
- The presentation night for the June/July 2013 leagues has taken place. Thanks to all that came, those who couldn't make it missed an excellent night and Derek's club shirt! A few pictures from the night can be found on the Media page.
- Please can all sponsors send a brief description of their business to Bridlingtonsquashleague@hotmail.co.uk so that the Sponsors page can be updated.
Gypsey Rd, Bridlington, East Yorkshire | 07740 334814